Adding a Source
Adding External Sources
When you plug in an External Storage device that is not cataloged, EdgeRover will show a notification prompting you to add it to the catalog. Click on the notification to bring up the Catalog Device details panel and click on the Catalog This Device button to add the device as a source.
Alternatively, to add a source, in the main menu click on Sources. The content view will then show any Sources previously added.
To add more sources:
- In the top-right corner of the EdgeRover content view, click on the button.
- From the drop-down menu, click on Add Device.
- From the available list, select the desired external storage devices to catalog.
- Click Add Selected Devices.
Tip: The Add Device feature displays storage devices and volumes that have yet to be cataloged by the EdgeRover app.
Note: If the source is an External Storage device, the whole device will be cataloged. If the source is an Internal Storage device, you can select which top level folders to include for cataloging.
Adding Internal Sources
Most likely you added your Internal Storage device to the catalog immediately after installing EdgeRover. Should you need to do this later, in the main menu click on Sources. The content view will show your internal drive.
- Under the device click on . A menu will appear.
- Click on Catalog Device.
- Select the folders you would like to include in the catalog.
- Click on Add Selected Devices.